Benowa Waters security fund
THERE HAS BEEN AN INCREASE IN HOUSE BREAK-INS AND CAR THEFT IN OUR COMMUNITY
The Benowa Waters Facebook Group was established on 21 March 20 as a mean of bringing together our residents during the Covid-19 crisis and as general forum for our community to get to know each other.
It quickly became apparent that there had been an increase in robberies and our community called for action to be taken. Many great ideas and suggestions continue to be actively discussed on this forum.
An online poll was posted on the Facebook Group seeking support to implement a variety security measures. After some research and advice from other Gold Coast Neighbourhood Watch groups, a proposal was posted on the Facebook Group that included CCTV, Security Patrols an Alert Messaging System.
There has been overwhelming support from residents, our local Counsillor Rob La Castra and our initiatives have been featured in the Gold Coast Bulletin, Nine News and A Current Affair.
TARGET FUND $15,300
IF 50% CONTRIBUTED
$35 OR MORE
- Form a Committee of 5 members
- Formally register the Benowa Waters Neighbourhood Watch Group (NHW) with the Queenland NHW State Office to seek a grant of funds. Further details here.
- Submit a proposal to Cr Bob La astra for GCCC funding assistance.
- Request approval from GCCC to install street signs and CCTV on council public land.
- Letterbox drops to all residents to increase awareness and contribution to the fund.
- Open a Bank Account in the name of the Benowa Waters NHW.
- $5000 – Camera facing the bridge
- $5000 – 360 degree dome camera on Sir Bruce Roundabout.
- $500 – 5 x commercial dummy cams throughout the estate.
- $1000 – 5 x surveillance street signs erected by council.
- $1200 – SMS Broadcast & Alert system
- $100 – Removable car decal Surveillance Sign for volunteer security patrols.
- $100 Removal Beacon Light on volunterr security patrol cars.
- $2400 – Online resident’s password protected portal to register, accept payments, co-ordinate security patrols, SMS Broadcast System, financial reports, cctv live management etc $200pm.
The Committee will review and approval all spend. Should we exceed our initial target, our next target is to secure enough funding to implement Private Security Patrols.
All contributions will be held in trust by Code Creation – a web development & technology service agency. Donna Lansdown is the owner of this business, a resident of Benowa Waters and the admin of the Facebook Group. All funds will be held on behalf of the Benowa Waters Security Fund and will be transferred to the group Bank Account once established by a Committee.
Please note that Credit Cards incur a 3% processing fee. To avoid fees, select Bank Transfer at checkout and the account details will be emailed to you.
SELECT AN AMOUNT TO CONTRIBUTE
You can donate more by increasing the quantity in your shopping cart at checkout.
WHATSAPP CRIME WATCH GROUP
Our Whatsapp Crime Watch Group is used to report suspicious behaviour or criminal activity and share CCTV footage in real time. Join our Facebook Group to gain access.
SMS EMERGENCY BROADCAST
Launching soon. This is a dedicated phone number that residents can subscribe to. In case of emergency residents can quickly send an SMS message and volunteers will be woken up and render urgent assistance.
Please fill out the form below if you could like to nominate yourself to be a commitee member or volunteer any assistance.